January 10th marks ‘National cut your energy costs’ day. The day is an opportunity to look into ways we use energy and explore all our options in enabling us to reduce our energy usage.
This is particularly relevant following rising energy bills which are proving to be a problem for many UK households, with several having to make difficult lifestyle changes due to the cost-of-living crisis.
Cutting down your energy usage has several benefits for you and your household; from helping you save and manage rising electricity bills during the cost-of-living crisis to ensure you’re getting the best value for your money and even contributing to tackling climate change.
At the end of the day, simple changes to your energy usage habits can significantly help you manage your energy bills, and what better time than in January, to ensure you start the new year off on the right foot?
Some of the ways you can cut your energy costs include:
- Weatherproofing your home (to reduce cold air intake)
- Replacing old windows with new energy-efficient windows such as double-glazed windows
- Using solar heat/panels if possible
- Turning down thermostats
- Turning off lights when leaving a room
- Using energy-efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs (speak to a Quantum representative about the extensive range of energy-efficient luminaires we offer)
- Running your dishwasher and washing machine only when fully loaded
- Lowering your water heater temperature
- Taking shorter showers
- Unplugging unused appliances, including those on standby
- Carpooling whenever possible
Fortunately, these little changes are very easy to make and are often very cost-effective in the long run.
At Quantum, we offer an extensive range of appliances that focus on energy efficiency, so contact one of our representatives for affordable ways to be more energy efficient and cut your energy costs.